About The Boomer Institute
Heart At Work Associates, a career counseling and outplacement firm in Portland, Maine, created The Boomer Institute to bring together Maine’s employers and experienced older workers for mutual benefit.
We're focused on building Maine’s economy by easing the talent gap and providing a purposeful retirement for Maine’s vibrant boomer population.
Who are The Boomer Institute Clients?
Individuals 54+ who:
- desire a greater sense of purpose in life
- are educated and experienced
- are ready to work part-time, temporary, or full time
- may be retiring or have already retired from a primary career
- want to leverage their extensive experience and skills
- intend to keep learning and remain engaged in the workplace
- have temporary, part-time or full-time talent needs -- with an emphasis on project-oriented work
- want to have access to a new pool of experienced and educated candidates
- need help getting short or long terms projects that require experience and skills initiated or completed
- are open to providing alternative ways of working to attract the right talent