About The Boomer Institute
Heart At Work Associates, a career counseling and outplacement firm in Portland, Maine, created The Boomer Institute to bring together Maine’s for-profit and non-profit employers and experienced workers for mutual benefit.
We're focused on building Maine’s economy by easing the talent gap and providing a purposeful retirement for Maine’s vibrant boomer population.
Who are The Boomer Institute Clients?
Individuals 50+ who:
- desire a greater sense of purpose in life
- are educated and experienced
- are ready to work part-time, temporary, or full time
- may be “retiring” from a primary career
- want to leverage their experience and skills
- intend to keep learning and remain engaged in the workplace
- are profit and non-profit organizations with temporary, part-time or full-time talent needs
- want to be part of an exclusive membership with access to a new pool of experienced and educated candidates
- need help getting short or long terms projects that require experience and skills initiated or completed
- are open to providing alternative ways of working to attract the right talent