About The Maine Retiree Encorps
The State of Maine, like many Maine employers, is experiencing the exodus of a significant number of its employees due to retirement.
At the same time, research shows that 3 out of 5 retirees return to the workforce in some capacity within 18 months of retiring.
As a way of creatively easing the talent needs and providing meaningful work to its retirees, The Maine Associatioin of Retirees has launched an innovative initiative, The Maine Retiree Encorps. This initiative matches retirees with short-term, part-time projects serving Maine residents.
Who are the participants in The Maine Retiree Encorps?
-Former Maine State employees who...
- have retired from Maine State employment
- desire a greater sense of purpose in life and want to continue making a difference for the people of Maine
- are ready to work part-time, on a project-to-project basis
- want to leverage their extensive experience and skills while being compensated
- intend to keep learning and remain engaged in meaningful work
-Maine Employers who have short term jobs or projects they need completed by compentent and experienced talent