How Extension Corps Works for Extension Retirees & UMaine Extension
How It Works For Retiree Candidates
• Complete and submit a Profile so UMaine Extension can review the information.
• Review available project descriptions and qualifications.
• If there is a match between a profile and a project that has been posted to the site, UMaine Extension will review the candidate's profile and may decide to contact the candidate.
How It Works For UMaine Extension
UMaine Extension can utilize the site in two ways:
1. Access the profile database and filter criteria for the right candidates.
2. Review the "match" with candidate profiles determined by alignment with at least two of their posted project criteria.
• UMaine Extension may decide to meet with a retiree candidate, outline the project opportunity and begin the hiring process.
• If hired, the retiree becomes an independent contractor and receives the necessary project orientation.